Students will experience a variety of methods, processes, and media in two and three dimension art forms. The following list is prioritized in the areas that will be covered in an art survey class.
Students will be exposed to the following media areas:
- Sculpture – Develop skills in shape, form, space, texture in additive, subtractive, assemblage, mobile, and mixed media sculptural forms. Sculptural materials: oil clay, fire clay, plasters, wire, wood, plastic, and found materials.
- Applied Arts- Craft Media (ceramics, jewelry, glass) – Develop skills in the processes of utilitarian craft objects. Creating functional and non-functional art forms.
- Printmaking – Develop skills in creating “original prints” using different printmaking processes.
- Digital Media – Introduction digital media techniques.
- Architecture and Environmental Design – Develop awareness of different styles of Architecture and different approaches to environmental design.
How can I contact my teacher? What is this class's grading policy? What kind of course content should I expect? What are the rules and expectations for the art room? Is there a materials fee for this class? What is the meaning of life? The answers to these and many other questions can be found in the COURSE SYLLABUS! Read it today!